Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Brush of Darkness

Haven't blogged in awhile, my apologies! Lots of reading, etc etc, so I was surprised to see that lots of new faces have stopped by--pleased to meet you :)

I read everything from literary to MG, recently jumping from Azar Nafisi's READING LOLITA IN TEHRAN to Neil Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, but I decided to embark on a paranormal/urban fantasy journey for the next four weeks.

You in?

Tonight, I finished the sassy, sexy debut by Allison Pang, A BRUSH OF DARKNESS. Man, I'm just in awe of the world-building in this one: Angels, daemons, and fae can meet in our mortal world only by using the energy of TouchStones, or humans. That means the OtherFolk must strike up a contract with a human who'll agree to act as their anchor to the mortal realm. So when the Fairy Protectorate offers Abby the chance to be her TouchStone (throwing in perks like agelessness and an enchanted iPod), Abby is more than happy to sign the contract and leave her shattered life behind. But when her boss goes missing and a devilishly sexy incubus enters her life--and her dreams--Abby discovers the price of being a TouchStone may be higher than she thought.

Caution: Contents are hot! Commuters on the train were probably wondering why the girl in the corner is giddy and giggling to herself. That's because this book is steamy. Everyone, read this & meet Brystion, my new fictional crush. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Shelley Watters April 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

Ooh - sounds good! I can't believe I haven't read it yet!

You know me - I looooove steamy. So this'll go on the top of my pile!

Glad you're back to blogging! We've missed you! :)

Susan Fields April 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM  

I love the concept of using humans as Touchstones so the OtherFolk can meet in the mortal world. Sounds like a great read!

LupLun April 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM  

I've heard about this one. What I heard, it's hilarious. Might be worth going off-topic to read it. ^_^

-LupLun
Lupines and Lunatics

Sharon K. Mayhew April 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

(blush) Is this YA or grown up?

Beth April 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM  

I love reading other bloggers' book reviews. Thanks!

Jude April 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

Oof haha Sharon, this is definitely not MG or YA ;)