Thursday, May 5, 2011

Darkest Edge of Dawn

This is the 2nd book in Kelly Gay's Charlie Madigan series, which I highly recommend. And oh hey, the first book in the series, THE BETTER PART OF DARKNESS, was the first book I ever blogged about on here, about a year ago! Aww, memories. Happy birthday, Omnomnom Books! How cute.

Actually, this is the opposite of cute--Kelly Gay's urban fantasy is dark and gritty. This author doesn't mess around! I love the world she's built, and how she's not afraid to mess up the lives of her characters. All her characters have huge problems, and some may never get fixed. It's reads so realistic. This author is fearless.

...just like her protagonist, Charlie Madigan. She's so badass, she's my hero. And her partner, the siren Hank Williams, is such a dreamboat.

I was planning on writing more, but I'm going to have to stop. I'm still dizzy/nauseous from KFM practice tonight. Just know that I love this series. The worldbuilding will blow your mind.

Night,
Jude

8 comments:

Kelly Polark May 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Charlie looks like one bad ass character!

Sharon K. Mayhew May 7, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

Charlie sounds like someone you'd be friends with. :)

Happy Blog Birthday!

Kat May 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

Nice work! How can you go wrong with a powerful female in charge? ;)

Jackee May 11, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

Happy blog birthday, Judith! :o)

And I love the cover of this one... all femme fatale... my fav. LOL! I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Susan Fields May 14, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Yay for 1 year of blogging! Congrats!

This book looks great - a powerful woman and a dreamboat - my kind of combo! :)

Snowi-Ella May 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Okay. See what I mean about how this blog can totally give me great suggestions for books? I just moved, so I'll have to get a new library card... but you make this series sound like something worth checking out.

Kynelle Harris June 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Jude, are you open to queries yet? I wouldn't ask you in particular--out of all the agents out there--except I have a commercial adult novel with a precocious and likeable FEMALE hero, and kind of a wild premise... (sorry about the tease). I'm not finding a valid email address for you anywhere, including your agency.

Sharon K. Mayhew November 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

Judith....We are missing you in blogland. :D