Monday, March 12, 2012

Cinder

Two words: cyborg Cinderella. As soon as I heard that, I knew I'd be hooked on Marissa Meyer's CINDER. How deliciously sci-fi! Don't worry, I'm not giving anything away because you can pretty much assume this from the cover: Instead of losing a shoe, you can guess that she loses part of her leg. SO GOOD, RIGHT?!!?


This YA definitely passes the test of crap-I-missed-my-train-stop-because-this-is-so-good. It amazes me how Marissa Meyer fit in so much worldbuilding in a relatively short book. This takes place in New Beijing after the Fourth World War, which was the war to end all wars--on Earth, at least. Now Earth faces the more technologically advanced Lunars, who can use magic to manipulate human minds. This may sound wild, but it fits so well with the Cinderella theme, trust me! Very clever and fresh, I'm obsessed.

What about the love story, you ask? It's absolutely shiver-inducing. I am swept away by Prince Kai and I can't wait to see more of him in the sequel.

Read this, I promise you'll like it! I already lent my copy to a friend, so this is obviously highly recommended.

Over&out,
Jude

8 comments:

Stevie March 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM  

Everyone keeps telling me about this!

Grace K. March 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM  

Awesome find. Can't wait to read!

Shelley Watters March 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM  

Sounds amazing! I love a reimagining, so yay! (Pssst - there's some great entries over on the blog for the pitch contest!)

Jude March 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM  

@shelley coming, coming!

Mary Weber March 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM  

This is definitely on my list of "must buy and own and heart it forever and ever." :0)

Oh, and I hope you're feeling better!

Sharon K. Mayhew April 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM  

It sounds super! Thanks for sharing...

Unknown August 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM  

New follower here. I've heard this book is great. I have to read it! :)

Golden Triangle Tour June 23, 2020 at 7:13 AM  

Terrific post however, I was wondering if you could write a little more on this topic?
I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Thanks!

Golden Triangle Tour