Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wide Open

Coming Tuesday, March 13th: WIDE OPEN a paranormal mystery debut by Deborah Coates.


Hallie Michaels is home on compassionate leave from Afghanistan. She has one week on her family's South Dakota ranch to attend her sister Dell's funeral, wrap up her affairs--and find her killer.


Though the sheriff calls Dell's death a suicide, Hallie suspects foul play--after all, why else would her sister’s ghost be haunting her? Ever since her near-death experience in Afghanistan, Hallie has been able to see ghosts. Unfortunately, ghosts can’t speak and Hallie must solve her sister’s murder on her own.


A dark, gritty plot with a literary bent, this is definitely a must for paranormal mystery fans. What I loved most about this is the protagonist's inner tenacity. I know this is a paranormal mystery, but as Patricia Briggs says, this heroine "relies on guts and brains rather than awesome cosmic superpowers." It is so refreshing to see this in the fantasy genre!


March 13th, definitely add this to your TBR list.


-Jude

2 comments:

Jackie Hart March 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM  

oooooh I like! Thanks for the recommendation.

Mary Weber March 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

You had me at literary and paranormal. Totally yummy mix. I've never heard of this book, but I'm intrigued! And I love the plug from Patricia Briggs.

Great review! :0)