Sunday, February 28, 2010

To A Happy New Blog

Greetings! I love books, you love books, let's share! Basically, I'll be using this blog to tell you about the titles I'm really excited about (as in the ones I'll stay up and read all night and flunk out of college for), and I'd love to hear about what you're reading too.

Pick of the Day: Kelly Gay's The Better Part of Darkness
I read this a few weeks ago, and I raved about it to every single friend & family member I bumped into. I still can't stop thinking about it!

Real quick, aliens--err, off-worlders have migrated to Earth, bringing all sorts of creatures (goblins, gremlins, sirens, wraiths, everything) together in this gritty, realistic, unbelievably creative urban fantasy.

Also, if you like love triangles, then you'll just swoon over this love square.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 = "maybe if I'm hungry," 5 = "NOM NOM NOM, delicious!"), this is definitely a loosen-your-belt-lick-your-fingers 5.

Has anyone else read this? Do you have any gritty, action-packed urban fantasies to recommend? Leave a comment :) !

11 comments:

suzie townsend February 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Oh I love Kelly Gay and THE BETTER PART OF DARKNESS. Such a great book! Which guy in the love square are you hoping Charlie will end up with?

Jude February 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

Oh boy, I'm rooting for Hank the Siren. But--ohhh how it tears my heart--what about Will?

It seems the only solution to this love square is if Charlie Madigan takes Will, Colleen can take Rex, and I'll take Hank :D Voila!

Amanda Makepeace February 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

I have this but haven't read it yet (must move it up on my TBR list). I also enjoy The Greywalker series by Kat Richardson. :)

Myrna Foster February 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

I've never heard of this one, but I think I'll have to hunt it down. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sarah Wylie March 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

Ooh, I haven't read this yet, but I'm going to add it to the TBR list! :)

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 4:55 AM  

Love SQUARE?!

I'm totally buying this book.

Suzette Saxton March 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I've not read the book, but would like to! It sounds very edge-of-the-seat. Thanks for the recommendation! And I love the hamster and title of your blog.

Lisa Richards/alterlisa March 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Just got it in the mail yesterday and was trying to decide where to put it in my TBR pile. It just moved to the top.

Jude March 2, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Awesome, Lisa! I can't wait to hear what you think. I don't think I'm leading you astray with this one...

Suzette Saxton March 3, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Okay, I just bought the book. :D Can't wait to read it!

Bethany Wiggins March 3, 2010 at 1:15 AM  

This sounds amazing! I can't wait to steal my sister's copy!