Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Coming of Age

If you happened to look at the sky yesterday, you would've seen the planets aligned just so: four bright white dots in a row south of the waxing moon, which only happens once every 93 years. This can only mean one thing--BEA coinciding with my 22nd birthday.

I know what you're thinking, and it's true. BEA turned me into a woman.

I know the second thing you're thinking and it's not true. The birthday girl did not get extra EXTRA galleys. I had to man the office in the afternoon, so I missed the Editor's Buzz and left BEA empty-handed. It was a low point in my womanhood.

But that's okay. Tomorrow, I'mma getchu galleys. I'mma getchu.

zzZzZzzzZ,
Jude

6 comments:

Janet Reid May 26, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

I think we might have a galley or two for you.

Also something else, cause we love you madly.

Anonymous May 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

It sucks that you have to be in the office, but good luck tomorrow! :)

Myrna Foster May 26, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Ah, see, Janet loves you. The planets have aligned ever so nicely. ;o)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Richard Levangie May 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Even though we've just met, I can't believe that I missed your birthday! I am THAT bummed!

Happy Birthday! I hope it was delicious!

And you'll never see me use that many exclamation points ever again!

Sajidah May 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Happy BEArthday! :)

Gary Corby May 27, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Happy birthday dear Judith!