Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monies

Things I Can Finally Afford:

  1. Soap. Now New Yorkers will not be afraid to sit next to me on the subway.
  2. Comb. Maybe large insects and bees will stop getting tangled in the forcefield that is my hair.
  3. Laptop. So I won't need to boot up my comp with a fist to the screen every morning.
  4. Jiu Jitsu classes...Enough said.
  5. Hi-hat pole thing. So my drumset will actually be functional instead of acting as a 5-piece clothing stand.
This post is just a big joke. You have all been had. I still can't actually afford any of these things because all my money is going into my Move-Out-and-Get-an-Apartment-in-Brooklyn fund. I'm going to live with my best friend. It's going to be great. Just like Friends. Or Sex and the City. But really more like Seinfeld, if the cast was non-Jewish, all female, and 100x nerdier.

Actually, disregard this entire post. All my money is now devoted to winning this: http://dothewritethingfornashville.blogspot.com/2010/05/day-4-item-9.html

7 comments:

Jackee May 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Who needs soap when there's trouble all around us, eh?

And I have a hard time believing you can be any nerdier than Jerry and George... :o)

Have a happy day! (I'm thinking you today.)

Sage Ravenwood May 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

Holy crap, If my MS was even close to being done, I would have bid in a heartbeat. I can't believe it's already up to $760. (Hugs)Indigo

Janet Reid May 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

darling belove jujubean tea, if you have a finished manuscript, I'll read it for free. In fact, give it to me before you let that eagle eyed LD look at it. I like to swoop in ahead of her as much as I can.

Roxy May 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Who gets to be Elaine?

Jude May 11, 2010 at 2:27 AM  

Hahah probably my friend Eileen. She was already Elaine for a costume party :D I'm probably George and Kramer's lovechild.

kanishk May 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

I like to swoop in ahead of her as much as I can.
post free classifieds

_*rachel*_ May 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

If you get the chance, though, you should do Ju Jitsu. Besides the fact that it's approximately martial arts wrestling (and therefore populated mostly by guys) (and therefore a bit awkward if you happen to be female), I've loved it.

It is amazingly fun to choke people. And no, I don't know where any of you live, so stop worrying.