Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dust

My dad stopped by today so I finally had to move my 49 books from the living room coffee table into my room. But if I want to go to sleep tonight, I'm going to have to magically transport the books from my bed onto my bookshelf. But to fit it in my bookshelf, I have to move my college notebooks and middle school diaries to the little shelf. And to do that I need to move my Disney Princess and Blink 182 cassette tapes to...?

I don't like throwing stuff out.

Cleaning is like that square puzzle game from when we were kids, you know the one with 8 little square pieces and 1 free space? And you had to shift everything one space and mess everything up in order to get one piece right? SIGH.
Speaking of cleaning and all the dust flying around, I might as well give some books away since I can't fit them all on my shelf, eh? So who wants a galley of DUST by Joan Frances Turner?!?!?!




(Note: This is not the cover of the galley. It's red with text on the front...sorry...)

I haven't read it yet, but it um has something to do with zombies having feelings and stuff. It looks really good, I swear! I'll get to it soon...

This is my very first contest, so uhh I guess like, leave a comment or something, maybe? Let me think of some parameters...

1) Tell me WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE?! in 100 words or less. (ok answers = +1; lulz = +2; LOLLERCOASTER = +5)

2) Subscribe to teh blog (+1) [the button is down at the footer]

3) Tweet and/or blog about this contest (+1)

4) Leave your email so I can tell you when you've won :):)!:!!)!:!@!!1

Ends Friday, June 18th 11:59pm

Ok so this is the blandest post I've ever written. Sorry. It's this job you know? Don't get me wrong--I love getting paid to read all day. Plus, my boss just gave me an OFFICE KEY (I have entered the circle of trust!) and she's giving me her old computer (which my leet hacker friends are going to work on and get all souped up), so did I mention that I love my job? Despite all my mushy feelings about work, I get home at 7:30 pm all pooped out, then I walk the dog for an hour, read for 30 minutes then pass the eff out. AT 10:30PM! I am old and boring now.

I didn't always used to be like this. WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE, I went to bed at 2 or 3 am (sudoku and cryptographs are addicting) and just got my zZZzZz's in class. Or I'd sleep in and skip my first class. Or take a power nap at lunch. But did you know: YOU CAN'T SLEEP AT WORK. I know, it shocked me too.

So it's 10:07 pm I have to brush my teeth. I guess I'll just push the rest of these books onto the floor for now...

-jude

15 comments:

Newt Livesay June 10, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

I can make this real short in less than 100 words. If my other became a Zombie, I would have to take the old 12 gauge to her. Sorry, I just do like being bitten, and scratched by anyone who has a really bad skin problem.
Newt

Michelle June 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Cut my arm off. Attach chainsaw to nub. Get to hackin'.

Unknown June 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

If someone I loved turned into a zombie, I would take that opportunity to take out all past and current aggressions on them... more than likely with a cast-iron pan, or, ya know, whatever's handy. :)

I'm a follower, and this will be going in my contests sidebar (btw when are you ending this? O.o). I don't know if that counts as a blog point though.

Hope you find more energy soon, and thanks for the contest!!

K June 10, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

I'd probably sob for a quick second then beat them to death with my fists out of necessity for the survival of humanity. But each punch would really be a punch of love.

Shelley Watters June 11, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

Yay contests!!

1) Tell me WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE?! I would chain him up in the basement and have long discussions with him about my feelings and how my day was. Maybe as a zombie he'll actually listen and care! :)

2) Follow teh blog (+1) I'm already a follower!!!!

3) Tweet and/or blog about this contest (+1) Tweeted: I'm a dork when it comes to figuring out how to copy the URL, but I @'d you!

4) Shelleykuklish@yahoo.com

Jude June 11, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

Lulz Shelley!

And thanks for reminding me about the end date, Amanda...I'm making it end Fri June 18th :)

Anonymous June 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Do i automatically win for being your best friend in the west coast? :D

You already have my address anyway and you flaked out on Numb... (Yup, i went there)

1) Tell me WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE?! in 100 words or less.
-Depends... is she still hot? Yes, we're making zombie baby hybrids an find a way to conquer the world with our army. No, guess i gotta shoot her then... probly on her dragon tatoo :P

mo June 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

+1 for following!

Hmm. If my significant other turned zombie... I would bribe him to do things by saying that dead people are lazy and weak. And obviously--because even though he's zombie, he's also male--he'd have to prove his manliness. Yepp. I'm an evil mastermind. MWAHAHAHAAA.

simplysnazzy@gmail.com

Mandy P.S. June 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

Possible significant other scenarios since I have no boyfriend/husband:

My dog: I would die. Zombie dogs are fast.

My sister: Well she looks an awful lot like a zombie when she first wakes up in the morning. Not realizing she was a zombie, I’d be killed.

My best friend: I’m pretty sure she can take me. I’d be dead.

My roommate (who happens to be my best friend’s boyfriend): time to take out some pent-up aggression. I can totally take him. I would pull out my largest textbook and splatter his brains all over our apartment wall. I live.

99 words. Barely made it. :)

Just became a follower of the blog so +1!

Mandy P.S. June 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Oh! Forgot to leave my email address!

bittersweet.fountain@gmail.com

Catch My Words June 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

First, I'd explain to his mother why he doesn't return her phone calls. Next, I'd toss him his running shoes and send him due west. Sooner or later he'd sink into the Mississippi, and I'd collect the insurance. Finally, I'd cry 50,000 tears because no insurance claim is as valuable as my wonderful husband.

jlansky@comcast.net

If I find the follow button, I'll +1, which will be added to another +1 after I tweet.

Marguerite Butler June 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Would I have to do something? As long as he could still take out the trash and mow the lawn, I could probably find people who didn't need their brains for him to snack on. I really hate mowing the lawn.

I'll tweet this too.

marguerite writes AT gmail DOT com (Yanno, without any spaces and stuff)

Taryn Hook June 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

I'd go send him to live with Dick Cheney.

Taryn Hook
Tarynhook@yahoo.com

Paul June 14, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

1) If the woman I loved were turned into a zombie, I would immediately reach for the cricket bat, as I was taught to do by that British documentary, "Shaun of the Dead." Or else, chain her up in my shed out back and play Tekken 2 with her into the wee hours of the night. I would feed her bacon to keep her from eating fleshier things.

2) I haven't subscribed to your blog yet, but if you look at mine you will notice that yours is the first link on my super cool sidebar...

3) I'm writing an entry later today. I will mention your contest, promise.

4) paul.zero@gmail.com

5) I was the leading man in your groundbreaking play about the social tensions between werewolves and Republicans. Surely that counts for something.

-Paul!

Laurie Lamb June 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.