Saturday, October 16, 2010

The 2nd best ending to a love triangle

Why is no one entering my Halloween contest? Now I am depressed.

Since one of the prizes is Clockwork Angel, I thought I better read the book before giving it away. And wow. It's amazing. The world just sucks you in from page one. And Will Herondale? Tee hee hee. But now I'm just up to the part where it starts to be a love triangle, and I am scared! I don't want to get too attached to either of them--I can't take it! I just...I just...

So in a previous post (which has now self-destructed), I mentioned that my ideal ending to a love triangle would be to just kill of the girl. But a close second to that ending is this: I wish that out of the two guys, the one who the girl is leaning towards, the one she truly loves and feels a closer connection with--I wish that he would die. Then the girl will marry guy #2 by default, but both of them will know that he's only second-best and will never live up to guy #1. HAHAHA isn't that great? That way no one's happy!

I told you I like tragedies.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Clockwork Angel immensely. I'm probably going to read the whole series now. Darn you Cassandra Clare! You have snagged me. Instead of a quiet Friday night with brownies and beer, I am lost in your world of Nephilim and warlocks and infernal devices. Dagnabbit you!

-jude

6 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew October 16, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

Clockwork Angel sounds like a great read...If you like scary books try Bad Girls Don't Die...It's scary...creepy scary...

I'll link to your contest and try to send a few people your way on my Sunday post. :) I may not be bright enough to figure it out. :(

Candyland October 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Don't be sad:(
I'll enter!!!!
And I lovelovelove me some tradgedy in a story, too. That sounded weird. But I do.

lexcade October 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

omg, i'm the same way. if there's a love triangle (or square or whatever), i tend to either kill of the guy she wants or make him totally unattainable. i'm mean like that.

i really want to read that book.

ZAKARIYA SHERMAN October 17, 2010 at 2:31 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
lotusgirl October 17, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I just read City of Bones and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Cassandre Clare writes a pretty engaging book.

Sharon K. Mayhew October 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Jude--I have an award for you...