Friday, June 25, 2010

Personal Demons

It's almost here! On Sept. 14th, your life will be changed. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers is one of those books that'll trigger the obsession switch in your brain. I read this back in...when, January? And I still think about Luc everyday. True, I'm a nerd, but this doesn't happen with any old book I read!

Ok let me try to explain the awesomeness. The protagonist, Frannie, for once, is a smart girl. What a flippin relief! She's not an annoying Bella. Frannie's got brains and her judo skills are kickass. And she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty fixing up old cars. I'll admit. I'm crushing on Frannie.

But then there's Luc and oh. my. gawd. He had me at page one. I was giggling on the rush hour train, elbow to elbow with old men in suits. A couple times, I had to put the book down in order to stop blushing and making swoony faces in public. Besides being a hot bad boy, Luc knows all the classic novels by heart. And can speak any language. Ok, so he's a demon, but he makes being bad look so good! And the chemistry between Frannie and Luc...If it was any hotter, it wouldn't be YA. You just have to trust me and read it. Then I'll have to fight all of you off because Luc is mine.

Exhibit A: I was obsessed with Edward Cullen as much as the next girl. I may have even photoshopped myself in a bunch of pictures with him and tagged them on Facebook. There might even be a whole album of it.


(A few candid shots of me & Eddie. The paparazzi just don't quit!)

However, our relationship ended when Luc Cain walked into Haden High. Sorry, Eddie.

What I'm trying to say is, Personal Demons changed my whole world. After reading it, all I could think of was, WHERE HAS THIS BOOK BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! I was skipping around on the sidewalks of Manhattan after reading this. With a doofy smile on my face. This post can't do it justice. I'm getting it for all my friends' birthdays. And it will be the best gift ever.

Please. Tell me you read it already/are reading it/will read it soon so I can finally talk to someone about this!

-jude

3 comments:

Anonymous June 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

I WANT this book. And your photoshop skillz. Can I be your friend so I can say that you MISSED my birthday by FIVE whole days and make you feel guilty so you'll get me the book?

Jenn (Books At Midnight) June 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

LOL, love the Twilight photoshops. And I'm going to ALA tomorrow so I'm planning/hoping on swiping a copy of Personal Demons! :D

MissHavoc June 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on this! Oh how I wish I could've gone to ALA...great review, makes me want!