Friday, September 10, 2010

Goodbye, Summer Friday

Tonight, I'm skipping my Keysi training to attend a talk about comic literary novels. I was excited about it, but then I got more excited for kicking butt in KFM, so now I'm torn. Nevermind, I'm going to my Keysi class. The panel tonight is just these two authors talking about their OWN books and well, I already read their comic novels and honestly, I wasn't lol'ing as much as I'd hoped.

And I know this is a book blog and all, but Keysi Fighting Method is not as irrelevant as you might think. Times are tough, etc etc, and if the royalties are slow coming in, I'm planning on moonlighting as a bounty hunter once I get my black belt. Pretty solid plan, no?

More on books: I was second in line for the Mockingjay midnight release party, elbowing middle schoolers aside and flaunting my signed copy in front of the mile-long line.

I haven't read it yet though.

Last thing: Agenting--or rather, assistant agenting--is intense. You fall in love with a manuscript and are on edge all week (AGENTSEdge har har har), waiting to see if the potential client will end up working with you, and goodness, I don't know what to do with myself 'til then. My heart can't take the intensityyyyy

5 comments:

Myrna Foster September 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

I have a niece who seriously thinks she wants to be a bounty hunter. I wish I could say she gets it from my side of the family.

lotusgirl September 11, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

Mockingjay was pretty dang good. You may have to squeeze it in.

Shelley Watters September 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

Sounds like you were in line with Mer and Suzie. Sounds like it was a good time! Did she sign it or stamp it?

I like the first two better than the last one. Some people loved it, others not so much. I'm kind-of in the middle.

Did I misunderstand the post and you got promoted to agent status? If so, congratulations! - if not you can slap me silly LOL. It is pretty darn late at night and I did just drive seven hours straight...

Jude September 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Myrna, your niece and I can get together and form the crime kicking team of AWESOMENESS.

Lotusgirl, yea yea yea haha. I'll find time for it eventually.

Shelley, yup! I was hanging with THE @Mer_Barnes and THE @SzTownsend81. And sigh. She stamped it. Oops...I'll have to clarify that I'm still an assistant heehee

Sharon K. Mayhew September 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

I hope you get to work with the potential client you are so excited about!